PowerPoint Copilot Tutorial

PowerPoint Copilot Tutorial Welcome to Learnit Training. The exercise files for today's course are located in the video description below. Don't forget to like and subscribe! Hello everyone, and welcome to Copilot from Microsoft PowerPoint. My name is Joe. I'm going to be facilitating this course for you today. Today we are talking about Microsoft PowerPoint with Copilot capabilities. Copilot is amazing with PowerPoint that allows us to start to create presentations within seconds of just telling it what we want to see in our presentation..

PowerPoint Copilot Tutorial

And before we get into Microsoft PowerPoint, we have to understand what is copilot. Looking to support our channel and get a great deal. Become a member today to unlock ad free videos. That's right, your favorite courses without a single ad. Interested in a specific video? Purchase one of our ad free courses individually. Looking for even more? Gain access to exams, certificates and exclusive content at. Learn at any Time.com..

More information can be found in the video description below. Or pilot, is a powerful adding tool for Microsoft Excel that allows users to automate repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and also save time. Now you know what is machine learning and AI technology? To analyze your workflow and then suggest code snippets based on your specific needs. And with Copilot, you can automate data manipulation, formatting, calculations, and so much more without actually needing extensive programing knowledge..

Now a couple things with copilot. It's the way that it comes out with output and input is when you ask it a question, and then the output will be the result or the answer to that question. And the way that it randomizes this is known as stochastic process. Now stochastic process in AI models can lead to slightly different results each time the model is run. So even though we put in the same input right, I can say, hey, how much does this equal to my total sales? It might not be word for word the same exact output..

And this is awesome. What is desired? Right. We often want randomness so that none of us have the same answers. So just know that if you're following along with this video that you will never get the same answer as me unless it's something really straightforward like give me the total sales that I've made. It will give you the total sales. That's not random, but if you ask it to give you insights, it might give you something totally different than the insights it gives me. Another thing is a couple of the pros and cons of using copilot. So we're going to start off with the pros productivity boost right..

It aims to enhance productivity by automating various tasks such as writing emails or creating presentations, or even taking meeting notes, which is great. We can also integrated with Microsoft Suite, which is what we're doing today. We are going to be looking at Excel's version of Copilot. We also have to understand that it is a natural language process, which means we're able to just put in inputs naturally, and then we get results. And the best part about copilot is learning and adaptation. It's always designed to learn from our user interactions..

So the more questions we ask over time, it starts to understand how we think about our data. Now some of the cons of using Copilot are, first off potential bias and inaccuracies. Right? Of course this is a new technology. So sometimes it might generate inaccurate information based on the data it was trained on. And you'll notice that throughout the course that sometimes I might not get the exact answer I want, and I need to teach it what I want. You also see here that there's an adoption learning curve. As with any new technology, you're going to have to get used to using the interface.

Or even certain input commands that you're going to it, or certain prompts that you want to look at. So that's why this video is going to be super helpful for you, because it's going to allow for you to understand those learning curves. And last but not least, ethical concerns. Of course, you know, it's an AI assistant. So we want to make sure that we're not just using it to generate misinformation or plagiarized content. Now, last quick note before we actually dive into this is that Microsoft Copilot is still in development.

And its final capabilities, the pricing available is yet to be determined. So as with anything else that is AI powered, it's crucial to approach it with a critical mindset, right? We want to be sure that we're maintaining our privacy and security. We're going to comply with any of our company's rules. Right. And this AI is definitely not a replacement for human expertise or decision making. So we are actually using it as a tool, not a replacement. I've opened a PowerPoint and just created a blank presentation..

Now we're going to use Copilot to actually create a presentation for us. So in order to do this, we're going to go to the home tab. And inside of the home tab we're going to go all the way at the end. And you'll see copilot. Now funnily enough you'll see copilot next to designer. We're going to talk about this in a later section. But they go hand in hand together. But for now let's just open up copilot pane and you'll see once you click on copilot, it opens up the pane right away. When you open up Copilot pane..

You can see here that there's some things you can try. So they give you a couple of prompts right away. Like create a presentation or create a presentation from a file that already exists, or add a slide about something. So you can use these three prompts right away. Or you can ask questions about the presentation. Or if you want to view more of the prompts, you'll see at the bottom there's this little book icon. This is actually where we can view prompts for PowerPoint. So if you click on it you'll see we can either create..

And if you click the little carrot icon it shows you create a presentation from a file. Create a presentation about something. Have a slide about something. You can go to edit or you can add an image of something. That's pretty cool. We can go to ask where we can give specific examples for something. And if you want to view more prompts, just click on View More Prompts and it will open up prompts from the copilot lab. We'll talk about Copilot lab in a little bit, but.

Posts Related:

    This is where we can see other prompts as well. I'll just click the X.

    So let's try it out. Let's actually create a presentation from scratch. So you can either just click create a presentation or you can just type it out here. I like to just click it because it automatically fills it in for you. And let's create a presentation. we could do it about anything. But what I'm interested in is creating a presentation about health. We'll just say health. Let's see what it. When it comes how to create a presentation about health..

    And it's going to take a moment. It's just thinking about everything going through all the different information and data that copilot has access to. And you can see at the bottom it's starting to work. It's downloading media. And there we go. It says okay, here you go. A presentation about health is included with multiple slides. If you like, I can help you rewrite slides. Or you can use designer to just the layout. Once again, the designer is going to come in handy.

    In the way that you want to change the design. Now, what I love about this is that look how amazing this presentation looks. First off we get the starting page here, the starting slide where it says tips for a Healthy Life. It has a nice little background picture and believe it or not, we also have access to. Yeah. Speaker no. Has. So we can quickly talk through you know, an audience and have those speaker notes. You also see here you can press play and it has a movement..

    Yeah. It's a media. How awesome is this? I just love this so much I really do. So that's another fun thing. And it just stays on a loop until you stop it. If we go to the next slide, it says eat a balanced diet. Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, include whole grains and lean protein. In your diet and limit your intake of sugar, salt, and saturated fat. So that makes sense. And then you have your speaker notes at the bottom here as well. On the next page, we have. Stay hydrated. Drink at least eight cups of water a day..

    Avoid sugary drinks. Limit alcohol consumption. Go to next slide. It just has a awesome amount of information. Regular exercise is good for you and then stress. So as you can see with a second, it has created a full presentation for us with speaker notes, with images. But you might be wondering, does it include animation? Well, let's take a look. So we see here the nice movement..

    Let's go to our next slide. So right now there are no animations here. Go to the next one. So that's the one thing that we would need to include. So if I ask it to include animation let's see what it says. I don't think copilot can do this here, but I want to see can you add some animation to my bullet points. Let's see what it says here. I'm going to say that it's going to probably come back with it. Can't do it yet. But I'm always curious because they're constantly updating these apps.

    On things together. Okay. So yeah, I can't do it. I can answer general questions for those about presentations, but they can't add animations. So that's just one little thing you have to do. But it's simple enough. I'll just go to animations and just fly them in real quick. Oh, fun. Go to the next one. Just click flying. Done. Go to next one. Click flying. Done. And we have a fully created presentation with speaker now. And we are all set to go. Now why I love speaker notes so much for me personally.

    Is because I use them while I'm presenting. For instance, when I'm presenting, I actually see this view. I see my presenter view. And what this presenter view does for me is it allows for me to see my speaker now on the other side. So I'm going to showcase this to everyone. There it. So now I have my speaker notes right here. I know exactly what people are saying currently. And also I can see when I'm getting ready to talk about now..

    So I would say, hey everyone, my name is Joe. We're talking about tips for a healthy lifestyle. Health is wealth and nothing is more important than taking care of your body. Incorporating these tips into your lifestyle can lead to a healthier, happier life. See what I did there? I didn't even have to think about what I was going to say. The notes are already there for me. And then when I'm ready to go to the next slide here. Now I can say eat a balanced diet. This is one of the most important things you can do for health..

    And then I can go through either variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains. Right.

    So those speaker notes I always say, are some of the most important things that you need. Yeah. This is amazing. We asked it to create a presentation and it went above and beyond. We just went over how we can create a presentation from scratch with just a sentence and copilot. Now I'm going to show you how copilot works with templates that are preexisting. So the first thing I want to do is select a template..

    So you can go to more themes on your star page. And you can look for whatever makes sense to you. Let's go with. I really like this design right here, this minimalist presentation. I'm going to use that one and click create. Now at this point it all has some sort of theme here with different topics. And I'm actually going to use copilot once again to create another presentation..

    But what I'm interested to see is is it going to keep my existing theme or is it going to replace it? So can we use our template with creating a presentation. So I'm going to see if I can do that. Create a presentation about lines but keep my same theme. And let's see if we can do this. So looking over here..

    It's going to be very exciting. And I love exploring like this with copilot. This is something you can do to see what works. What doesn't work. It's a learning and ever learning. Let's see what it says okay. So it says that creating a new presentation will replace your existing slide. So you may want to save a copy first. Or I can say create a new draft. Let's create a new draft. And let's see what it does with us..

    Like I said, it's an ever learning system. So this is what's most exciting. So it did replace it. But I mean it kept some of that coloration there. Once again we do get the lines. The King of the jungle I love that line behaviors. Line physical characteristics. We get a bunch of notes with it as well, and we're just ready to go. The one thing that we have to do, as always, is add an animation. So while this presentation looks really amazing, it is not using my original theme..

    So it's better off if you're going to use copilot for presentations. I would say just simply use a blank presentation because choosing the templates just not going to work anyway. For those of you that might have companies that need to really think about branding and they might have preexisting slides for you. Let's say what I would do in that case is after you get the presentation and I would just strip away everything. So you'll see here that the slides are here..

    We could change this to a title slide. Or we can change this layout look like this. So they still exist. Your original theme, their original layout, your design. You're going to have to change each slide. So for this one once again I want this to just be the section one or in and or on and so I'll call this the gender. I'll do this one as an intended.

    Layout as well. And just be careful because you see what's happening with the text boxes and everything. We're going to have to switch those back so you can still switch these to what it needs to be. If I want to change the layout to, let's say to content. It keeps your content there. It just the other way. It wasn't showcasing. And you can still have it be a similar to your branding or to your layouts that already exist. As you can. And there it is. All right. So that's one way to sort of overcome that template..

    If you are forced to use some sort of template like that. Do I see this for, you know, anything in the foreseeable future? Maybe. You know. Well we'll see. I know Microsoft is trying to be as accommodating as possible. So you will notice designer keeps popping up. Like I said before, copilot and designer are working together very well. We're actually going to discuss that in our next section. So what we're going to talk about next is how copilot and designer work so well together. So the first thing I'm going to do is create a presentation with the copilot..

    I want to talk about shark. So I'm going to say create a presentation about. Sharks. They're interesting right. So create a presentation about sharks. It's going to work on it. We'll go over the things for us. All the stuff that it always does. And then once it comes through, we'll take a look at what sort of design it does for us. So it looks like for this one it's not working. It says, I'm sorry, I'm not able to generate the slides for you. Is there something else I can do to help you build your presentation? Let's do the same problem because it's funny to see..

    As I explained before that this process is randomized. So all the output are is randomized. See if it does it for the next for and it looks like it might not work for a second time. Oh actually it's working this time. And look at that. So funny enough, this is a prime example of how Young Copilot truly is. That's why I would say to you, if it doesn't work the first time, try it again. This is just proof right here that sometimes it's not going to work the first time around, but it will work the second. And look how amazing the speaker notes until it has so many different things..

    So and I love this. Like at this. The media background, that's always so cool. Now at this point I'm going to also open up my design record some of these slides I might not like. For instance, I do like this. It's like gray, but it doesn't look like the rest of it. There's a lot of like paint and light colors, purples. But then there's just this dark color here. This would make more sense for me. I actually like this one more and then I can have it like that. So that just looks a lot nicer for me and that other one. So that's why the design that just comes into play right away..

    It looks so great. So at this point let's take a look at what they actually put in here. Pictures. I like the little pluses in those sharks in their behaviors. Remember we always have to go in and add the animations. Shark anatomy. You know I really don't like the way this looks. So once again I'm going to go over. I'm going to go to my home tab and choose designer. And let's see what else they could come up with..

    Okay, this looks a little lighter. I do like this. The reason I don't like the way that this one look, if it's sort of looks less like content and it looks more like a section change, and I'm not changing. You know, talking about the topic of sharks. So that's why I want to change the design. It's important to do that. Have similar designs going through. Same thing here. I want to talk a little more similar to. What we had. Let's see if I could do that. Something up. There it is. And now we have everything looking super.

    Similar and look very consistent. And once again I'm just going to add in here all of my animations. And then I'll tell you what the overall outcome in. It's just going to look great. And let's see what it looks like. So here we go. The wonders of shark sharks and their behaviors. Three points about that shark anatomy..

    There. Sharks and conservation. Shark myth. Syntax. Shark and popular culture. Come up. The sharks in the clouds. I don't even know other tricks in the clouds like that. But here we go. We have an amazing presentation right away, and we were able to then sort of make it more consistent with the designer..

    So that's why I always say copilot designer go together. Well, and what I love about this new system is that you'll see copilot that up top. You can switch to designer at the bottom. So you can switch between too quickly. The next thing I want to talk about is how we can actually add flights to our presentation. So we have this presentation here. We've been talking about charts. And what I want to do is you can click on Change Topic if you like. What this does is it refreshes all of your past prompts. So when you're asking about things and you want to.

    Change gears or change topic, you can click Change Topic. It's going to reset all your history of prompts. And then it's like, what would you like to do now? Now this is going to go back to our original three prompts. We've created a presentation. We'll actually talk about creating a presentation from a file in a moment. But we want to talk about how can we add a slide about. So I'm thinking I have sharks their behaviors, anatomy, conservation myths, facts and popular culture. But I don't really have anything about the relationship between sharks and humans..

    So I'm going to choose to add a slide about. Or you can just type it, I'm going to say, and a slide about the relationship. Between sharks and humans. Let's see if we can do that for us. Remember, if it doesn't work the first time, I will just try again. Oh, there we go. So you'll see here once again, it keeps the design, which I love..

    We don't have to worry about the dinosaur years. It continues to stay consistent and add a ton of fun little note here that we can use. And then we see the relationship between sharks and humans. Sharks are not usually aggressive towards cats. Shark attacks are rare and often the result of mistaken identity. Human activity has greatly impacted shark populations. So now we have a little more information. If I can add even more times, I can ask it to edit this slide..

    So let's say that I do want to edit the time. I can say to please have it slide seven to include two more facts about relationships. Between sharks and humans. And let's do it again. And it's always important to get a little more specific. For instance I'm saying please edit slide seven..

    I'm not just saying please edit, you know, to include more facts about relationships between sharks and humans. I'm specifying that I wanted to add this information to slide seven. So we'll see what it can do. So right now it says I'm sorry but I can't do that. Let's ask gets to do something a little different. Let's say please rewrite the facts on slide seven. I did forget to add some clients. So we'll see what happens. But hopefully you'll understand what I mean..

    Okay. So it couldn't do that either. Let's keep trying. Let's say please add more info or more information. To this slide. Let's see if I can do that. And I'm saying this slide now to see if it knows. And I'm selected on side seven. But once again this is just stuff. And I'm not sure which slide you're referring to. Could you please specify..

    And I'll say what is the average life span of a child. What is the different types. Now we'll actually answer this. We'll say please add more information. If slide seven. I think it was almost there. It was almost ready to go. So and it also started giving us prompts to ask more questions about sharks, which I think is awesome..

    So let's do this. What are different types of sharks? And ask that question and see what it comes up with, and see if we can actually add this to this slide deck. Oh wow. Look at all of these. That's pretty cool. So it gives us all of this. And we can quickly copy this information and then put it on a slide. Or we could have just said, you know please add in how many different species of sharks there are as a slide. So as you can see, editing slides aren't as easy as it looks. You know, you can't just say, hey, edit my slide because it's.

    Not understanding what I want, but we're going to just try one more time, see if I can please add more information to the slides. I mean, because as you can see, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you just have to repeat yourself because you always get a randomized output. So you can ask the same question three times and get a different answer each time, except when it comes to data. If you're asking, for instance, you know how many words are in this presentation, that's going to always be the same..

    Yeah, it looks like it's not going to allow us to do it for this one, but that's okay. Let's see other prompts that we can actually use in terms of edit, add an image of something or organize this presentation. So even though we can't really edit the slides so well, we can edit by adding images or even organizing. What about understanding? So summarize this presentation. We're actually going to talk about being able to do this a little later. CRE we can create a presentation or add a slide about..

    We just did that. So try out different prompts for adding and editing your files and see what you come up with. So you'll see here that I have this healthy eating habits document, and I decide that I actually don't want to just have this document like this. I actually want to turn it into a PowerPoint presentation. We can take a file from our computers and transform them into PowerPoint presentations with Copilot now. It is amazing..

    So let's see when it comes to what we have healthy eating habits. We have an introduction. Then we talk about balance, nutrition, portion control, hydration, fiber, food. And that's it. Just a quick one page document. But let's see what happens. So the first thing I'm going to do is switch over and let's switch over to PowerPoint. I just opened up a blank presentation and I'm going to use the prompt create presentation from file. When it does that.

    DISCLAIMER: In this description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I'll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continuetomake videos like this. All Content Responsibility lies with the Channel Producer. For Download, see The Author's channel. The content of this Post was transcribed from the Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xlundj_s_A
Previous Post Next Post